ICAN recently visited the Santa Fe ISD Education Foundation (SFTXEF). ICAN presented SFTXEF a $3000 check for their Innovative Educational Projects Grant Program. This was our first donation to Santa Fe ISD. The Innovative Grants program lets Santa Fe ISD teachers to apply for Foundation funds. These funds enable teachers to do special classroom projects that fall outside normal school budgets.
Engaging lesson plans that promote curiosity and a love for learning are the result. We know that local educators make a huge difference in students’ lives. ICAN wants to help them as they personalize learning for their students.
ICAN representatives Kathryn Shuler, Lori Ginsburg and Sara Cassells attended the presentation. Representing SFEF were:
- Leigh Wall, Santa Fe ISD Superintendent
- Renee Rockers, President of the SFTXEF
- SFTXEF Board member Ollie Niederhofer
- SFTEX Director at Large Paula Heileman
- SFTXEF Coordinator Jeanette Thielmann
- SFTXEF Marketing Coordinator Gina Welsh
- Leigh Wall, SFISD Superintendent
Pictured separately with Lori and the big check is a Santa Fe ISD student, one of the many who benefit from SFTXEF grants!